Saturday, March 21, 2009

Money, Money, Money

Awhile back I wrote about saving money and how it's almost a game to me. My addictions to coupons and sales continues, but now I have a new love: mystery shopping.

You see, when I was in high school, I worked at a high(er) end specialty shop in Kohler. Customer service was always key; you needed a smile on your face and to bend over backwards to accomodate the customer. Whatever they wanted, within reason, they got. It stuck with me; it's not necessarily that the customer is always right, but it is necessary to accomodate the customer whenever possible and there are no excuses for less than exceptional customer service. Mystery shopping allows me to evaluate that customer service and then on top of that, get paid! I regularly order pizza from Papa John's, shop at Harris Teeter, and do some shops around the mall. I shop for two main companies; Corporate Research International (www.mysteryshops.com) and GfK (www.cybershoppersonline.com). I've made a good bit of money off of both, but you really have to be careful. Not all shops are worth the time. Some are ridiculous amounts of information (Exxon, for example) for little to no pay. Eating out has become a new favorite... everyone loves a free meal!

CRI is my favorite. I've done 45 shops for them to date and have never had a late payment from them. It's a good day when I get an email from them saying my money is on its way! I do Papa John's and Gate gas station shops (buying beer!) through them. Easy surveys, fast pay... what's not to love?

GfK is a close runner up. I've done countless shops for them and they pay through PayPal. It's always a race to pick up the shops through them though, especially in a tough economy. The shops go FAST. Their reimbursements and pay are fantastic, usually $11-13 for a short 15 minute shop and then filling out a survey for about 10 minutes after the shop. Easy, easy, easy!!

Who doesn't love free stuff? Have fun, make some money, and get a few free (or severely discounted) things.

No comments: